Wednesday, April 29, 2009

An Apple A Day Keeps Dr. Hoogstra Away



April 29, 2009
Ava had a great well child check at ABC Pediatrics with her pedi-atrician, Dr. Hoogstra. We are officially 2 weeks old! Our little birdie now tips the scale at 7 lbs & 3 ozs and is 19 3/4 inches long. Dr. Hoogstra was impressed our little girl has already surpassed her birth weight of 6 lbs and 14 ozs... Rob and I are not surprised...what can we say except our Tweets is a known overachiever!

We talked about breastfeeding and what I can do to increase supply beyond the usual things moms do to maintain their dairy farm. To catch you put to speed.. Ava is ahead of me in the game of supply and demand.. So she has been getting two 4oz bottles of formula to supplement her hunger pains daily. It is my goal to get her off her formula feeds and to keep her belly full on my own. He suggested I try to take a herbal supplement that naturally increases milk supply as your baby becomes more and more hungry. It is made by Motherlove and is called Fenugreek Seed. The only downfall to taking this herb is that you start to smell like Maple Syurp. Hot Damn Ava... Momma's gonna smell like yummy pancakes and french toast! I don't think I will mind smelling like the Cracker Barrel... Will I? Only time will tell... But I guess that if Ava and the dairy are in sync who cares. My Little Salt Lick is sure going to love the new and improved Mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment