Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Playdates & Sleepovers



May 21, 2009
Today Ava and I got together with a good friend from work, Emily DeWitte and her daughters, Marissa, Natalie, and Kendra. It is so nice to get out of the house and spend time with a dear friend. Thanks for inviting Ava and I over Emily! I had a great time just talking and catching up.

I must admit that watching Emily's girls play together... I wondered what it would have been like for Ava to have her big sister, Elise, here on earth to grow up with. It also makes me look forward to life down the road with hopefully other future younger siblings for Ava to bond with. I know our family is young and Rob and I are not done trying to bring life into this world. I just have moments every now and again when I wonder about the relationship Elise and Ava are missing out on. I miss Elise so and Ava does not take that ache away. I think every parent that has had to say good bye to a child must do the same. At least I know this runs true for most of the moms in my support group, SOUL. I guess this is something I will always do in lieu of my journey through grief. Emily's girls are sweet as sweet can be and I hope someday Ava will have a close friendship with one of her younger siblings.

Rob went north to the cabin this weekend. So Ava and I are on our own for the next couple of days. I am really looking forward to having some nights alone with her. Some mom and daughter time one on one. To spoil her rotten and to set some family traditions between the two of us when Rob is away. So to kick off our time together we snuggled down for the evening. I ordered pizza and she had Nestle Good Start. We had baby girl bath time, jammie time, book time, and I rocked her to sleep. Instead of putting her right down to bed I held her and snuggled her for most of the night.

When she woke up we had more time rocking in the nursery while I fed her. We read books and sang. She is such a happy baby in the morning. It is my favorite time in the day with her. She is starting to smile more and it is so much fun trying to get one out of her. We took stroller rides and had more time snuggling. Ava seems to have some spring/summer allergies to the pollen in the air so I try to not keep her outside to long. Just long enough to enjoy some sunshine and new scenery. Then pretty much a repeat of the night before. We had lots of fun together. Well at least I can vouch for the fun. Rob returned and it was nice having him back home and getting back into more of our normal routine. We missed him even though Ava and I had our fun. So until next time baby....

No comments:

Post a Comment