Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Women's Expo Treat

May 11, 2009
Today I was able to enjoy some skin therapy. A mini treat for surviving Mother's Day. Back in March, when I was at the Women's Expo with my neighbor Kris, we purchased a four visit package for some skin pampering at Dr. Dekkinga's Office in Grandville. Today was my first trip to the Skin Revitalizing Center for some TLC. What a perfect day to go after having a rougher day yesterday. A real treat.

Now this also meant I had to leave my sweet baby with a babysitter for the first time. This was a day of firsts. I got up bright and early to spend some good quality time with Ava before I had to get us ready for the day's events. We snuggled and read books in the morning until she fell asleep. Then I busted a move to get myself ready and Ava packed so I could get to Kris's by 10:15am. Before I knew it we had to leave and experience our first real time apart. Sighhhhhh.

Luckily, I had the worlds greatest babysitter taking care of Miss Ava for the two hours we would be apart. Kris has been looking forward to watching Ava since the Expo. In fact, she talked me into purchasing this package deal by offering to watch Ava during my appointments. Leaving your baby for the first time with someone beyond your husband is a big deal. I trust Ava with Kris without a doubt. But taking time away from Tweets is easier said than done. I held it together pretty good if I must say so myself when it was time to leave. Not much more I could do since I already scheduled and paid for the treatments before Ava arrived into the world. Time to buck up Momma!

Kris and her girls were sure to love all over Ava and give her some good old fashion spoiling. In the mean time, I was off for some spoiling of my own. When I arrived to the Skin Revitalizing Center I called Kris to check in on Ava. All was well so I went inside and I had photos taken of the deep layers of my face by a Skin Technician. I can't believe the sun damage I have from all of the glorious sun bathing I did in my teen years. Wow... If I am not careful in the future I am going to be a mother with a grandmother's face. Not good. I scored 80 out of 100 women my age. I know my skin could be much worse but I know it could be much better. Sun Screen is a future MUST.

Then I was taken into this nice relaxing room and the Technician did a micro-derm-abrasion to my face and neck. Once the Skin Technician was finished I had lotion applied and sat under a facial steamer. I have been so tired from being awake with Ava in the night that this was just what the doctor ordered. It was so relaxing I am surprised I did not fall asleep. I finished up this appointment by receiving a bunch of free product samples and gift cards to use on future appointments. I scheduled my next visit which is a spray tan! I will keep you posted on how it goes.

Then I jetted out of there to get home to my sweet girl ASAP. I could not have scooped Ava up any faster. Baby's back in my arms. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! It was great to get to Kris's and see that all was well in babysitting land. Ava was perfect and Kris, Kaylie, and Emmie had fun too. After all of the excitement we headed home to have lunch and take a nap. Thanks Kris and Dr. Dekkinga's office for this treat! Tweet-Tweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment