Saturday, June 27, 2009

Tweets


June 26, 2009
Just in case you have not seen enough of our baby wearing hats with flowers and hats with bows... I switched it up a little for you to see her wearing her black hat and "blue bird" feather. She is cute as a button in what ever hair pretties she is sporting. Clearly, she's got the look!

During the time I was pregnant with Ava... we knew her first as Tweetie Bird, Baby Bird, and Birdie. Just a side note for you readers... When Elise past away, several of the angels we received and have since collected are angels holding birds. I took this very symbolically. Both creatures have wings. Angels belong in heaven and birds sore the earth. So when I found out Rob and I had a second chance at bringing life into the world I gave him a blue wooden egg in a nest... Symbolic of the egg in our nest. The light clicked on and he realized we had our second child on the way. This is how the ball got rolling. So really... Ava has her sister to thank someday for all of her nick-names. Thanks Elise.

The Bird lingo and birdie things became almost a game. Who could come up with the most creative bird-like names for her and who could find the cutest baby things that have bird themes. It is really amazing to me how much you can find, how much you can creatively come up with, and how it all stuck to her. Ava has been called Tweets, Tweeter, Tweet-Tweet, Chirp, Chirp-a-roo, Peep, Peeper, Peep-er-roo, Chick, Chick-adie, Robin, Rob-in-ette, bird-ette, and bird-zilla just to name a few. Ava's nicknames really took off in-utero without her say so and I am pretty sure they are all here to stay. Tweet-Tweet! Even Ava's name means "Pretty Delicate Bird!" All of the bird lingo and bird accessories became a constant part of her life and a part of her persona. She is Tweets...

I listened to a lot of music to get me through some of the anxiety of having a high risk pregnancy. Not only do I use poetry a lot in my life I also use music. Just songs that remind me of one thing or another in relationship to my life. Ava's Blue Bird Hat Photo... makes me want to share one of the songs I love with you that also reminds me of her... My Baby Bird. I would love to add this song to my playlist but it is not among the song options. Sorry. But... You can still enjoy the lyrics below.

Kenny Loggins- The Horses

We will fly way up high
Where the cool winds blow
Or in the sun laughing having fun
With all the people that we know
If the situation should keep us separated
I know the world won't fall apart
You will free the beautiful bird
Caught inside your heart

Can you see her oh she flies so proud
Cast her wild wings over water and cloud

That's the way it's gonna be little darling
We'll go riding on the horses yeah yeah
Way up in the sky little darling
If you fall I'll pick you up, pick you up
If you fall I'll pick you up, I'll pick you up

You will grow until you go
I'll be right there by your side
And even then a whisper in a wind
Will call me to you in the night.
I hear all the people of the world
In my one bird's cry
I see them trying every way they know
To make their spirits fly

Can you see her moonlight in her eye
Coming from under my wing
You were born to fly

That's the way it's gonna be, little darling
We'll go riding on the horses yeah yeah
Way up in the sky little darling
If you fall I'll pick you up,I'll pick you up
If you fall I'll pick you up...

That's the way it's gonna be, little darling
We'll go riding on the horses yeah yeah
Way up in the sky little darling
If you fall I'll pick you up,I'll pick you up
If you fall I'll pick you up...

I'll pick you up darling yeah!

We're gonna be riding on the horses baby...
We're gonna be riding on the horses baby...

No comments:

Post a Comment