Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Face for Poetry


June 10, 2009
AVA ELISE....... "For this child I have prayed." SAMUEL 1:27. Ava... I grew to love you before you were ever born. I prayed for your well being the entire time you grew in-utero. Now that you are here safe and sound I am relieved and graciously thankful for your precious life. Just one smile from you and my heart melts. I can not stop gushing about you from your head to your toes. You are fabulous in every way and you are the perfect addition to our family. Ava you are the joy in my heart, the bounce in my step, the sparkle in my eyes, and the perfect bundle to fill the ache in my arms. Thanks for all that you do, for all that you are, and for all that you will be... My Second Daughter... My Rainbow Baby... & My Pretty Delicate Bird... Tweet-Tweet!

One of the many past times of mine after your big sister past away was reading poetry. I have so many sweet poems that remind me of Elise. It was a very healing part of my journey through grief. I continue to use poetry in my life. Poetry is here to stay! I hope you will grow to love poetry as much as I do. Here are a few poems that remind me of you... ENJOY MY LITTLE TWEETER!

A LITTLE BIT OF HEAVEN
A little bit of heaven
Drifted down from above
A handful of happiness,
A heart full of love.
The mystery of life,
So sacred and sweet
The giver of joy
So deep and complete.
Precious and priceless,
So lovable, too
The world's sweetest miracle,
Baby girl, is you.
-Anonymous

SUNSHINE
She's a little bit of sunshine
She's a smile to light our days
She will steal our hearts and keep them
With her warm endearing ways.
She's our precious little daughter
With a sweetness from above
Who will fill our years with laughter
And our lives with lots of love.
-Anonymous

Then last but not least... This is the poem I memorized and read to you (Ava) in-utero with a few modifications, of coarse, to fit your story and journey to birth perfectly. You are a miracle from above and an answer to my prayers. I love you!

Where Did You Come From?
Where did you come from, Baby dear?
Out of everywhere into here.
Where did you get your eyes so blue?
Out of the sky as I came through.
What makes the light in them sparkle and spin?
Some of the starry spikes left in.
Where did you get that little tear?
I found it waiting when I got here.
What makes your forehead so smooth and high?
A soft hand stroked it as I went by.
What makes your cheek like a warm white rose?
I saw something better than anyone knows.
What makes your sweet smile of bliss?
An Angel, Elise, gave me at once a kiss.
Where did you get this pearly ear?
God spoke, and it came out to hear.
Where did you get those arms and bands?
Love made itself into hooks and hands.
Where did you get your feet, those darling things?
From the same box as the cherubs' wings.
Where did you get that dimple so cute?
God touched my cheek as I came through.
How did they all come just to be you?
God thought of me and so I grew.
But how did you come to us, you dear?
God thought of you, and so I am here.

George MacDonald, 1871

No comments:

Post a Comment