Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween 2009

I wanted to slip this post in before it's Halloween 2010 and the clock is ticking folks, I'm down to the wire here. Last year Ava was only six months old and I can't believe a year has past already. Seriously, where does the time go?

When I think about Halloween it's hard not to reminisce about this holiday as a child. I loved getting dressed up. I loved all the decorations my Mom set up around our house. I love that she still has some of them! I loved carving pumpkins with my family and baking our pumpkin seeds. I loved that my Mom came to my school parties and helped out in my class room. I loved that we usually ordered pizza for dinner. I loved that my Dad was the one to take us around the neighborhood at night. I loved that my Mom handed out candy and there was always some left over even though we made a haul trick-or-treating. I loved that my brothers and I sprawled out on the living room floor while we sorted out our candy. I loved that it was a night we spent together.

Halloween is a without a doubt a kid's holiday that inspires creativity and all things make-believe. But I believe it's definitely best celebrated as a parent. I love everything about it from the decorations, treats, kid's costumes, pumpkins, parties, crafts, scary stories, and all things spooky. For me, Halloween is something whimsical to look forward to before the snow starts flying and all the craziness of the winter holidays begin.  It's truly a great time for fun family activities. I look forward to making wonderful Halloween memories with Ava every year!

 Enjoy some pictures from our Halloween 2009!

The cutest pumpkin I know... Ava Elise!



Elise & Ava's Pumpkins...


 Ava's making a craft at her daycare Halloween Party...



Ava's pleased with her craftiness...



The best spooky hand ghost I've ever seen...



Rainbow Chickie... What a perfect costume for Ava!



I loved getting to attended Tweet's party at AppleTree...



Tweet's loves to fly!!!



Ava enjoyed playing with pumpkin glow sticks on a mat with the other babies...



Ava loved her pumpkin on a stick...



Pumpkin Kisses...



Get your own pumpkin... This one's mine...



"Tutu" much Halloween fun at our Neighborhood Party...



Ava's dressed and ready for round two... "Tweet-Tweet!"



Ava-Rainbow Chickie, Kaylie-Lady Bug, Alaina-Fairy, Emmie-Butterfly, & Jacob-Dinosaur
The Crazy kids of Cozy Acres!!!



Ava and Momma on Halloween Night!!!



Happy 2009 Trick-or-Treating! It was super cold so we drove around our neighborhood in a heated vehicle to keep our kids warm. Now that's lucky! I also want to mention how I loved getting a warm cup of coffee with some Carolines to keep me warm. Halloween is nothing but good times no matter who you are or how old you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment