Saturday, October 23, 2010

Walk to Remember 2010

This year's Walk to Remember fell on October 2, 2010... and it was very bittersweet. Elise would be turning three this month and we often dream about who she would be and what she would look like. I always picture her with brown curls much like the baby below.

Elise Renee... Our Sweet Angel!


This year, on behalf of my Dad who always gave of his time, Rob and I decided to volunteer and man the t-shirt table. We had to arrive to the walk at 7:45am which meant our babysitters also had to jump start their day. We appreciate the help of Aunt Dawn and Uncle Keith this year for making our attendance possible by watching Ava. So if you are reading... Thanks again for helping us honor our first daughter's memory by watching our second. I know Ava had so much fun with you and Uncle "Key"! Someday when she is old enough to understand more about Elise we will take her along to walk in honor of her sister but for now she is just too little to attend this special day.

Fallsaburg Park 2010...



In memory of my Dad... Rob and I are ready to hand out t-shirts...



T-Shirts made in memory of babies lost to Miscarriage, Stillbirth, & Neo-Natal Death...



Alison & I... Mother's bonded in GRIEF!



Walking in memory of Annika & Elise...



Lot's of great women walking in memory of Elise!



Pre-Ceremony...



Silk-Screening done right on sight for families...



There is always such good fellowship at this walk...



I love how cozy The Walk to Remember cabin is...



Lots of Pink & Blue Balloons ready to be sent to Heaven!




Rob & I post ceremony... We love and miss Elise with our whole hearts. We will continue to walk at this event in memory of her. It's such an honor to stand among so many families doing the exact same thing for their angels!



1000+ people walking in honor of the steps their baby(s) will not take... So touching to be a part of!



I have the best family & friends in the world. I would not have made it the past 3 years without your love and support in my journey through grief. I LOVE you all!



Getting ready for the balloon release...



Sending messages of LOVE on Pink Balloons to Elise. Thanks Dad for helping her catch them this year... Life is not the same without you in it. Separated only by our time left here on earth... I look forward to seeing you both again! xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox...



Thanks for letting me share our annual Walk to Remember with you... It's such a healing event and something Rob and I look forward to every year. It's the perfect outing to kick off our memorial season here at Home Sweet Kolkman for Elise. We really enjoyed volunteering this year which helped significantly to fill the void where my Dad used to be. I hope my Dad and Elise were able to look down on us with pride at this event and feel our love and know how much they are loved and missed.

2 comments:

  1. It was wonderful to be with Ava that morning. We're looking forward to having another Ava date some time soon.
    This is such a special day. One day we hope to walk it with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love for you to walk with us in remembrance of Elise! xoxoxoxoxo... You are welcome to my sweet girl, Ava, any ole' time!

    ReplyDelete