Saturday, November 27, 2010

Halloween 2010

I was going to title this better late than never but then I decided to not be so hard on myself and go with Halloween 2010. I hope you will still enjoy seeing these photos of our Halloween nearly a full month after the fact. What can I say? November has been very busy and I am doing the best I can with keeping this site current but it seems to be easier said than done. I promise I will get there one of these days. Until then you will have to enjoy the old with the new and the past with the present.

I brought my little pumpkin to a pumpkin patch this season and let her pick out a pumpkin of her very own!


She had to find the biggest one in the patch... and lick it!



Then she thought she would try to pick up two at once... I love her facial expression!



Here's Ava-Pie carrying her perfect pumpkin!



Rob brought Ava home some BIG pumpkins from the farm and she was tickled pink.



I had big visions for this Halloween season to carve pumpkins as a family. We had a tight schedule with Rob leaving for his hunting trip, my busy work schedule, and the warm weather was working against us on top of it all. We decided that the Monday before Halloween was going to be "the night" for carving but it didn't go to plan. Ava went to daycare that Monday and had an early nap due to sleeping poorly the night before. Go figure! So by the time we made it through our dinner it was obvious she was in need of an early bedtime way more than pumpkin carving. So be it... She went to bed and Rob and I carved pumpkins.

Rob found an owl pattern online for Ava to make her the perfect "Hoots" Pumpkin.



For those of you who know Rob well... You know he kindly posed for this photo to humor me. Thanks honey!!!



One Hoots and One Angel Pumpkin... Perfect for our girls!




I had the Friday off before Halloween and I could hardly wait to take Ava to her party at Lighthouse Learning Academy. I hate to admit it but I was super excited to be the "room mother" and lend a helping hand to the girls who work in Ava's classroom. I hope Ava doesn't mind in time that I am that Mom who has to be involved in helping at holiday parties whenever it's possible. I just can't help myself!

Rob happened to schedule Ava for her classroom pictures that day so we stopped there in the morning and Ava did her usual cheese routine. We opted not to purchase any of the pictures because Ava is no stranger to having her picture taken. But we still wanted her to have a photo in her classroom picture. After we were done we stopped by her classroom and played with the kids. Kelly, the director, was dressed as Dorthy from The Wizard of Oz and she was painting the cutest little bugs on all the kids hands. Ava didn't care for her hand being painted so she ended up with a red circle. It was going to be a very cute ladybug but she made it clear she was all done and wanted no part in it. Pay attention to the little red circle on her hand... it's still cute. We left and went home for lunch and a nap. When she woke up we headed back for the big parade and party! "Whoot-Whoot"... or should I say, "Hoot-Hoot"!  

Miss Kristen, Tessa, Ava, Abby, Ronan, and Noah...



Group Shot...



The Trio & me!



Ava and Abby... Best Girlfriends!



We celebrated Halloween on October 30th this year which was the Saturday before the holiday. It was a very busy day for Ava and I. In fact, so busy I will NEVER make it that busy again. I decided to try and swing a birthday party and two rounds of Trick-Or-Treating in one evening. What was I thinking? It's my Sister-in-Law, Christina's Birthday on Halloween. So we went to her sister's house to celebrate her birthday. Happy Birthday Aunt Nina! I wish I had a photo of Ava and her Auntie but I missed the moment. But don't worry, I did get a few cute ones of Ava at her party...

Grandma, Ava, and Emma...



My Pumpkin Pie!



There is nothing better than dressing your baby up as her favorite Lovie!



Ready to Trick-Or-Treat...



I love this costume... Thanks Pottery Barn Kids!



This was my favorite Hoots photo of the season!



After the birthday party and Trick-Or-Treating round one we were off to our neighborhood to do it all over again with our friends.

Poor Ava was loosing her patients with this rigorus Halloween routine.



Trick-O-Treating with the big kids...



Ava's on a mission for more candy!



My little night owl...



A church near our home hosts a pumpkin walk every year. We decided to take all the kids there together this year after Trick-Or-Treating. There are hundreds of really cool carved pumpkins. They all boarder a trail through some woods on the church's property. At the end of the walk they give out hot cider and baked goodies. It was really fun and I will definitely take Ava to it again in the future.

Pumpkin Walk 2010...



Momma & Ava...



Hoots was popular this season...



Bert & Ernie...



Cinderella...



My favorite... YOGI BEAR!



Hand in hand walking nicely to our car to end a perfect night...



Then my tired toddler decided she didn't want to walk anymore and had a meltdown. I wish this photo had volume because it hardly does her tantrum justice!



Happy Halloween!!! With a little luck I will post something on Thanksgiving before Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures Erin, and I got a good chuckle of the tantrum photo at the end. Ah toddlers...

    ReplyDelete