Saturday, January 29, 2011

Caramel Popcorn


I love homemade caramel popcorn corn. Who doesn't? My grandma used to make this delicious treat for me when I was a kid. I have been thinking a lot about my grandma over the holidays, who I miss so much, and decided to whip up my first batch ever. It turned out great so I decided to post it. This is not my grandma's recipe... It is much easier than her version. ("Sorry Gram, you went to so much work making this delicious snack for me. In honor of you I will put myself through all of trouble that your version contains... Someday." I have a feeling that I will be making this snack many more times in my life for the one's I love. I brought a double batch up north for our last cabin weekend and it was devoured in just three days!

Caramel Popcorn

ingredients:
1 c brown sugar
1 stick of butter
1/4c karol syrup
1tsp baking soda
1tsp salt
1/2 of a paper grocery bag or 5 bags of microwave popcorn

directions:
Bring the first three ingredients to a rolling boil while stirring for 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the soda and salt. Pour over the popcorn and shake. Open the bag and stir it up a little more with a wooden spoon before the caramel sets. Pour it into a bowl and enjoy..

notes:
I used Homestyle Pop Secret popcorn and it turned out delicious! Excellent if eaten while it's still warm. It stores great in Ziploc Gallon Bags. It's the perfect winter treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment