Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Rob's Garden 2011


Rob is on his second garden this year and I must say it looks DELICIOUS! This is a project he does with Ava and she loves to garden with him. I just wish I had pictures of the two them out there together. Rob does this with her usually on Tuesday when I am working and he isn't one to ever grab the camera. Ava loves wearing her muddies in the garden and getting her hands dirty working the earth. She also loves playing on her swing-set while Rob is out there weeding and tending to the plants. I am so happy this is a love she shares with her dad. They are making so many great memories together and maybe one day Ava will have a garden of her own.

I have taken pictures of Rob on my camera phone but apparently not on my digital camera. I am so bummed and will have to work at getting some of them out there before the summer is over. Here are a few pictures of this years progress. We haven't had a lot of heat yet this summer so the plants are coming along slowly but surely. We also had a big storm last week that laid Rob's corn flat but with a little TLC all the ears are standing straight up again. He really has a green thumb and I love reaping all the benefits. 

Ava enjoying some swing time in her muddies by the garden.



May 30, 2011: The Early Days...


Jun 28, 2011... Look at the CORN!!!



Beans, Carrots, Radishes, Cabbage, Sweet Potatoes, Peppers, Strawberries, & MORE!



Clever Rob used some of our left over bark in the garden to keep some of his plants warm.



One Good Looking Garden!



I know my Dad would have loved to see this in person. He would love the fact Rob has Ava out there getting filthy dirty and enjoying Mother Nature. I found a great book for Ava at the library this summer about a girl and her grandpa and their garden. It's really a humorous book and a great summer read about garden fruits and veggies. Check it out if you have time. It really reminds me of my Dad and a little of the relationship he and Ava would have shared. I miss you Dad!

The illustrations and story-line are delightful!


No comments:

Post a Comment