Saturday, July 30, 2011

Home Made Pizza Rolls

I was introduced to a site called Pinterest and it is really a fun site to surf. I have been busy recipe hunting and have now made, tried, and loved a handful. I made these pizza rolls not to long ago for Rob and I and we both really liked them. You can make them with several variations based on all of the pizza toppings you love. I made ours with peperoni, green pepper, and portabella mushrooms. Delish!

Home Made Pizza Rolls:

ingredients:
2 cans refrigerated pizza crust
garlic salt
Italian Seasoning
1 cup sliced and chopped pepperoni
1 cup shredded cheese (I used Kraft Pizza Blend &Mozzarella.)
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
Pasta Sauce for dipping

directions:
  • Preheat oven to 425
  • Dust a  large cutting board or piece of wax paper with flour and roll out each pizza crust.
  • Season each crust with garlic salt and Italian seasoning.
  • Top with  cheese and meat
  • Starting with a short end, roll crust into a tight log
  • Slice into 1″ sections
  • Place on lightly greased pan and bake for 10-12 mins.
  • Serve with your favorite Pasta Sauce for dipping
notes:
After I cut my 1" sections from my pizza log I had to hand tighten them and that seemed to work just fine. Don't be afraid to really season your dough with the Italian Seasoning and garlic salt. I could have used a little more than I did. You can season your crust with what ever seasonings you wish along with using what ever pizza toppings you love. The combinations for home made Pizza Rolls is endless.
  
Here's my dough rolled out and covered with our toppings.



Pizza Rolls cut into 1" sections.



Plated and Served... YUM!


No comments:

Post a Comment