Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A day at Pentwater

Rob and I reserved this week about seven months ago for a vacation slot on our calendar. It seemed to creep up faster than we planned and we ended up not planning much of a vacation. So at the last minute we planned a few days of fun around staying at home and relaxing. Luckily, it doesn't take a whole lot to make us happy. A handful of days away from work is enjoyable no matter what is on the agenda to take it's place.

Poor Rob ended up working Monday and I enjoyed a day at home alone while Ava went to daycare. I must admit that I loved this day at home to myself. Please don't take me the wrong way because I do love my time at home with Rob and Ava. However, alone time is few and far between these days and a little time to yourself is rejuvenating no matter who you are. An eight hour window to spend the day doing what ever I wanted whenever I wanted really left me feeling energized. I accomplished so much in such a short period of time. I was able to fit in some cleaning, packing, exercising, sewing, reading, showering, napping and running a few errands! I think we can all use a day like this every now and again.

On Tuesday morning we loaded up Rob's truck and headed to Pentwater to spend the day with friends who are camping there this week. Rob and I are not huge fans of camping but in the land of camping Pentwater is where you want to be. Our neighbors, the Barksdales, had a very nice wooded lot with a camper hooked to running water. Then the Arnoldinks were roughing it in a tent, which seemed rough to me with kids, but they were having a good ole' time. There were a lot of places to walk to or ride your bikes to within the campground. You could go to the pool, arcade, Craig's Cruisers, a store, or to get ice cream. What more could you need or want while camping, right!?!?

The Campsite...




The kids are all water bugs so we spent most of our time at the pool. Yes, I said pool. This is my kind of campground! With little kids this is an excellent feature instead of a hot sandy beach and a freezing cold lake. Below are several pictures of just Rob and Ava... I would have taken a few of the rest of our group but no one is really a fan of having their picture take these days as adults in swimwear. So, I respectfully only took pictures of my family. I also happened to not make any of the pool shots. Hummmm?!?! Maybe after the Thirty Day Shred with Jillian Michales, LOL!

Rob and Ava in the shallow end...



 Loving the deep end...



 Not a day of swim lessons and she has no fear of jumping in! Ava is a natural in the water and loves every minute of showing off.



"Jump & Splash"



 "Look at us Momma!"



All of the swimming and jumping lead to the consumption of many snacks and the need for a few breaks to rest up!



You can't have a day without books even on vacation. Ava thought it was big fun to read on the bed in the camper. I enjoyed a little reading time of my own from the picnic table.



 Laugh Till Your Belly Hurts!!!




We left Pentwater after dinner and bath time to head for our cabin. Ava slept in the car on the way over and she woke up only briefly when we arrived for a snack. I am bummed that I didn't get a picture of the paint job again because it really looks wonderful. The exterior wood on the porch is painted white and the area under the siding is painted a creme color around its entire perimeter. We were there so briefly this visit that the moment passed before I remembered to grab my camera. Next time readers... Next time. All in all it was a great day and evening spent with friends followed by a relaxing retreat to our favorite spot in the woods. We definitely have a lot to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment