Thursday, August 25, 2011

Happy Birthday to me!!!

I celebrated my 29th birthday yesterday for the fifth time in my life! I am happy in knowing I am forever young since I will not be aging anymore. I happen to always have Wednesdays off in my work schedule so I lucked out this year and celebrated my day at home. I enjoyed spending my time with family and friends which is a blessing and something to be thankful for. I loved all of the phone calls, text messages, and Facebook notes containing birthday wishes. I am hopeful this is going to be a great year filled with wishes come true.

My day started with Ava greeting me at 7:10am. She was very excited to tell me Happy Birthday and to give me the cards that she picked out with Rob. She also made a special present for me from the garden and picked a white clover flower for me. How sweet is that?!?!

Ava giving me her gifts... bright and early!



Here is an up-close shot of her birthday creation! It was filled with several things: love, dirt, grass, and cabbage. Thanks for keeping this in the garage Rob!



My big gift item this year was a new sewing machine from my mom. Thanks mom! I LOVE it and look forward to making my own creations filled with love.



I have taken one sewing class this August with my best friend, Kris, who also received this sewing machine for her birthday this summer. This will be a hobby we enjoy together. We hope to take another class this fall. She made me her first mini wallet and filled it with a gift card. Thanks Kris!



I loved opening my cards with Ava. I didn't really have a choice in the matter because there was no way she was not helping me. I received a card from my mom that played the song, "I want candy." It was her favorite and she laughed so hard over and over. This card may may end up at my moms. Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha!



I had to include a photo of my cards. Jack and Emma made me special birthday cards which is so sweet of them.



I ended up being the only one in my family with the day off so I made  my own dinner. I tried a new recipe out from Pinterest, called Panera Mac-n-Cheese, and it was a success. I served it with smoked sausage, french bread, and a salad. We were all stuffed. When I looked out at my table I saw some of my favorite faces looking back at me. I am so bummed I only captured part of my brother, Mark's, face. Sorry Mark, I thought for sure you were in more. Darn photographer! I probably should have taken more than one. Next year I will be sure to included everyone's face on film!



We ended the night at "Get the Scoop" for Ice Cream. Thanks for singing, Happy Birthday to me- Cha-Cha-Cha!



Thanks again for all of the birthday wishes and gifts! It made my day all the more special and filled with lots of LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment