Thursday, August 4, 2011

Schwinn LOVE

Early this summer I was finally able to put all of the gift money I have received over the past two Birthdays and two Christmases to great use. I spent this gift money I saved on a brand new Schwinn bicycle. I went to the Schwinn shop in Zeeland and rode several bikes and decided on the Searcher. I wanted a bike that had at least five speeds, a cushy seat, could be road on pavement and gravel, could handle a bike tailor, and was light weight in case I ever wanted to hit the local bike trails and needed to ease it in and out of my car. This bike fits the bill and then some. It comes with a cool paint scheme of silver and sea foam green, a brown leather seat, a matching helmet, water bottle and holder, and a silver bell. It's the perfect bike for me and I love it!!! Thanks mom and dad for all of the gift money for this delightful big ticket item. Clearly, good things come to those who wait! Not to mention, what a perfect summer for getting out there and riding bikes with Ava despite the heat. She loves riding together and telling me to ring my BELL!!!

My Schwinn Searcher!


Ava's ready to go for a ride in our new/used bike tailor.



Safety first... She loves her helmet!



 Ava selected my helmet too... It's important to set a good example!
"Life is like riding a bicycle-in order keep your balance, you must keep moving."
~Albert Einstein




Rob and I bought Ava a Pink Radio Flyer Tricycle as a gift this spring for staying in her own bed. Two months later and she finally has the pedaling all figured out. What a hard thing to teach a child. Our patients and practice has finally paid off. No more hunching over from Rob and I pushing her along the way. Excellent job Ava!!! We treated her to a bell of her choice. She loves her bell and bike! "Ring-A-Ring-Ring." Between the two of us you can hear us coming from a mile away!


Ava's LOVES her Bike!




Here's a video of Ava riding her Radio Flyer... Pure delight!
 You can't hear her loudly on this clip but at the very end she says... 
"My mommy and daddy are so proud of me riding my bike!"


video


Yes, Ava Elise we are proud of you!!!

Here is a tiny fun fact in regards to our new bikes here at Home Sweet Kolkman... "The bicycle is the most efficient machine ever created: Converting calories into gas, a bicycle gets the equivalent of three thousand miles per gallon."  ~Bill Strickland, The Quotable Cyclist. Now that is impressive mileage!

No comments:

Post a Comment