Tuesday, September 27, 2011

All or Nothing Girl



In case you haven't figured this out on your own... I am an "All or Nothing Girl". Meaning... I either have time like in the month of August where I wrote ten entries or I have no time to blog and you don't hear from me at all like this September!!! Why is time always running away from me?!?!

I'm swamped with work and life in general, therefore, my free time chronically suffers. I have been working ten hour shifts lately instead of eight hours and those two hours really add up over the coarse of a week. I also have been working a handful of my days off, due to mandating, leaving me even less time to keep up with household duties. The increase in my hours also takes away from my time with Rob and Ava. So when I have time off from work I am spending it with them as I should be. Ava is a night owl and doesn't go to bed until 8:30 or 9 pm which really cuts into my night. And finally, Rob and I share one laptop. Talk about a challenge to blog. By the time I am caught up with the day it's 11 pm or later and I am honestly just to tired to spend time in front of the computer at the cutest blog on the block. Sigh...

In August I briefly mentioned I started The 30 Day Shred with Jillian Michaels in my current events section. Exercising routinely was going well for me for about a two week period. Then Rob and I had a week of vacation at the end of August followed by a five day stretch off for Labor Day Weekend. I was off the exercise wagon and was in vacation mode consuming all sorts of yumminess. After the smoke settled I jumped back on the scale to check in with my weight and found myself to be shocked and depressed at the number I saw. I knew based on the tightness of my pants it was up on the high end of my weight range but this was a real reality check. It hit me like a ton of bricks that I needed to not only exercise but diet.

After having two kids eighteen months apart and being up and down with my weight I started working out hard at Grand Valley State when Ava was nine months old. My motivating factor was gaining eight pounds after delivering her. Who does that? I was desperate to increase my milk supply to breastfeed her and was failing despite eating like a heavy weight champion, hence the weight gain. All in all, it was worth the extra pounds for the three months I was able to feed her but I was ready to get back down to size ASAP.

After four long sweaty winter months I hit my goal weight!!! Then my dad past away and I thew in the towel gaining ten pounds back over the next year following his death. Total self sabotage I know. So I started doing the 30 day shred this summer and I was getting back on tract with exercising routinely again. However, for whatever reasons people come up with, I wasn't ready to commit to a diet. After realizing the harsh reality of my clothes not fitting well and feeling completely uncomfortable in my own skin I have tighten the reins on my out of control weight.

This month I started myfitnesspal.com. It's a free site used to count calories and log exercise to help you hit your target weight goal over a reasonable period of time. It has been helping me with portion control and I have been "mostly" enjoying it. I am down six and a half pounds since I started.  Whoot-Whoot!!! I have been working out a lot more and I am hoping that by the end of October I will be a little happier about where my weight is at. So please wish me luck and understand that what little time I have has been going to exercise and eating right. Skinny jeans... Here I come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment